1.01.2013

No Resolutions

Good Riddance, 2012! Not sorry to see you go.

This past year was the longest and hardest of my life. Not just personally for me, but because of how deeply so many people close to me suffered, losing loved ones and babies, suffering through serious sickness and miraculous healing. And also my job this year was pretty brutal most of the time. I am ready for new things. New challenges. Ready to move on. The Lord stretched me and tested me in so many hard ways this past year. He tested my faith in Him. I have never struggled to believe His existence but it is hard to understand His ways. He is constantly refining me and reminding me of who He is.

The very beginning of last year I went to a Beth Moore Bible study for 6 weeks on Deuteronomy and the key verse was "And He brought us out from there, that He might bring us in and give us the land that He swore to give our fathers" from 6:23. I am praying and believing this verse to be true in my life for 2013.

I don't do New Year's resolutions. Or give up things for lent. It's the principle of the matter. I don't do things because other people do or because you're "supposed to" because I believe you should give up things or make changes anytime God calls you to do so. I often don't even listen when He tells me to, but that's another issue.

So here is my "no resolutions" set of goals that I hope to make but if I don't I'm not gonna cry about it, I'll just keep moving forward:

--I want to read my Bible daily. Somehow I was really good at this as a 12 year old, but I struggle now to do it consistently. No more excuses! I need more Jesus in my life. Who doesn't?
--I will make more of my own meals at home instead of hoping my mother will and then she makes stuff I don't want and then I end up eating out more. So today I went to Barnes & Noble and I bought a Real Simple cookbook on easy and healthy dishes. They have it broken up by one-pot dishes, no cook dishes, no shop dishes, freezer dishes, etc. We already bought the stuff for one meal and I marked a couple pages in there for this week. I always like trying new food anyway!
--The sweet tea has got to go. Call me Paula Deen, I love me some sweet tea! From Sonic, from Chick fil a, I don't care I love it. But I drink way too much. I'm cutting back. Not giving it up totally but definitely cutting back. More water and unsweet tea for me!
--Exercize, how I loathe thee. I can easily get back into the habit of doing this more I have just been lazy. But I need to do it at least 3-4 days a week. At home or the church gym, its really not that hard. I'm tired of feeling fat!
--We are starting a new sunday school class at church in January and I am leaving my old one of 3.5 years. That is going to break my heart, but I am stepping out in faith to let the Lord use me somehow and reach more singles for Jesus!
--The Big One: My serious goal is to find a way to move out of the rents house by the summer! Aaah we'll see how that goes. Any networking help is appreciated! Ready for bigger, better, and more interesting things. May marks 4 years living at home. I want to grow up, God help me and provide me a way!

*Side note: Last year I really made an effort to chill out and let go socially and not be so awkward. I am proud to say that at the 2011 Hoedown I rejected like 15 guys who asked me to dance. This year at the NYE Hoedown I only rejected one because I was so tired; we started decorating at 10 am and dancing is exhausting; we all know I don't like physical activity! (Sorry, Scott). And so I danced with a couple guys and also did some line dances. I am growing!

In 2013 I am really excited to see a lot of friends get married and a couple having babies! It never gets old to see friends being blessed. But seriously, me and my other single friends at church would love for it to be our turn sometime soon!

So far nothing horrible has happened in 2013. So I really hope its not as tragic of a year as 2012, but either way, I know God is by my side.

Whatever may pass and whatever lies before me, let me be singing when the evening comes!

No comments: