5.29.2011

May

So I haven't updated in awhile. Life has been really busy and exhausting and kindof hard too. Especially this week. Well about a week and a half ago I bruised my ribs. Not exactly sure how it happened but my best guess is that it happened with tile at work. That wednesday afternoon was super busy and I was the only one in the showroom because my manager had an appointment with a customer and the other girl left early that day so I was running around helping all these people. I probably grabbed a pile of tile samples to take to someone and hit myself without realizing it. I woke up the next morning feeling sore but didn't think much of it. Then the next day it felt worse. Then I went out of town to my niece's birthday that weekend and it kept getting worse and I realized I must have hurt my ribs because it wasn't getting any better. I got an x-ray that Monday and they weren't cracked so they said it was a rib contusion (fancy word for a bruise). It is better now, not perfect, still stings sometimes when I move the wrong way but soooo much better than it was a few days ago. One of the most painful things ever since I move around and up and down so much at work all day long.

But on Thursday I woke up really dizzy and nauseous which I thought was from my pain meds for the ribs but it didn't go away and I vomited that morning. Mom had been feeling that way pretty much all week so I was like super. I decided to skip work friday when I threw up again that morning because I knew it must be a virus. I didn't feel dizzy anymore and ate some food that night but it did not want to stay down. I had to work yesterday because it was just two of us working that day. I just didn't eat food before. I seem to be fine as long as I don't eat. It was the busiest Saturday we've had in probably 6-7 months! Not sure how I survived, by the grace of God I guess. I decided to eat a snack after which went fine so I was like yay maybe I can eat dinner. So we went to Red Lobster a few hours after the snack and I couldn't even eat the salad and I started feeling sick. I had to go lay down in the car until mom and dad were done and I threw up again as soon as I got home. So frustrating! Skipped church today so that I wouldn't pass whatever this is on to my friends whom I miss so much because I haven't seen some of them in a couple of weeks. I haven't eaten much today and I really would like to try but I am nervous.

We went to this plant and garden center to buy some stuff for the yard to spruce it up and I didn't last 10 minutes. I started getting a headache and feeling sick since it was so hot and I had to go hang out in the car with the air on. Mom and dad bought some great plants and flowers though which should be planted tomorrow hopefully. And hopefully, maybe, I might could help? We'll see.






The backyard is looking good! Excited to see how it looks after the plants.

I also celebrated my sweet niece Makenna's 1st birthday last weekend! Some pics...







And we have been getting a lot of stuff done for my little sister's wedding. I FINISHED the bridal shower invitations and stuffed them and Ms. Cindy addressed the envelopes. Now they just need to be sealed and mailed on Thursday, praise the Lord. Figuring out some more details for the shower and I am so excited! It's in less than a month. We have been fine-tuning the wedding guest list and I need to start printing out the invitations and getting all the pieces together so that we can assemble them the weekend of the shower. And Laura got the favor jars ordered and bought the flower girl basket, a garter, the unity candle and has some other things to get. It WILL come together, somehow. Now I just need to buy a dress for the shower and a gift for Laura & Kyle! Their wedding website:

http://www.theknot.com/ourwedding/LauraKing&KyleColeman

So glad they survived the tornadoes in Oklahoma this past week and that my sister Allison in Nashville survived the ones they got. We are blessed. Life is rough, but good.

God is not safe, but He is good. --C.S. Lewis

No comments: