I made the shower invitations, of course. I couldn't resist. I really didn't have any idea in mind but my friend Ashley works at Paper Source and so I decided to visit there to get some ideas. [The weird thing is my first trip there was on my mom's birthday, and my dog's day of death. We went for a distraction instead of sitting and waiting for that to come all day.] When I got there I saw this whole new world of stamping and one of the girls demonstrated for me how to stamp and emboss and I knew I had to do that. So I used eco white paper (they have it precut in all different sizes and colors, check out www.paper-source.com)and used a tool to round the corners. I printed the text first. I found a stamp for $1 that said "wedding shower" at Michael's so I left room for that. Then I stamped the blue flowers (color was harbor ink) and poured embossing powder on them then used my new heat embossing tool. I stamped the green flowers without embossing for different texture.
Another idea we had was to mail out recipe cards to the guests to fill out and bring to the shower to start a collection for Laura & Kyle since they like to cook. We got a lot of great ones that I hope they enjoy.

Side note: Hamilton is amazing and fit a crapload of gifts and shower decorations.


We had sooo much amazing food! We had tortilla pinwheels, sandwiches from Chelsea's Deli in Kingwood , my sister Sarah made 2 amazing cupcake flavors: Chocolate Oreo and Italian Cream Cake. She also made the super cute cupcake toppers! We had yummy fruits and veggies, crackers, dips, and delicious punch and tea. Those ladies are pros at shower food.


I decided to make these tissue paper pompoms to add some color to the party. Me and Ms. Cindy made them in all different sizes in blues and greens and they were a big hit with my sweet niece Makenna!



My family has always been blessed with the most amazing, generous friends and I have the best sisters in the world. Wish Allison could have come to the shower but she is living her mysterious life in Nashville and can't make too many appearances here. =)
This weekend was a big weekend for two of my friends from my Community Group at Highland Baptist when I was in college. One friend got married and another friend who went to the wedding got engaged the next day! It is so fun to see how things work out when you spent so much time walking through life with them in college when they dreamed and hoped and waited for the day when God would bless them in marriage. And now it is here! God is good. I miss them all so much! We rarely see each other anymore but I am always thinking of and praying for them.

This is CG when Lacey our leader got engaged. Ashley to the left of her got married Saturday and Tamara to the right of her just got engaged. Kimber (the only blonde) is married and had a sweet baby boy in March. Then there were three...
No comments:
Post a Comment