4.10.2011

beautiful rest

I haven't blogged in awhile because I try to avoid being negative which is pretty hard when you are just typing things out about your life. So we'll see....I will try to be more optimistic about life because I am very blessed. I don't know if I am interesting enough to read so we'll try it out again.

Since I posted last, the biggest thing that happened is that my little sister got engaged!



Woohoo so excited. They are getting married in H-town so me and madre are taking care of a lot of the things for them which could either be fun or a total disaster. It is going well so far. We have the date, the place, the florist, photographer, wedding dress, bridesmaid dresses and I am currently working on the beginning stages of planning the bridal shower for this summer which I am most excited about.

This past weekend I spent with 80something amazing young singles from my sunday school class, Awaken at a retreat in Burton, TX called The Retreat. This really cool family built this property for the sole purpose of having groups come and retreat there. And let me tell you, they outdid themselves! I was expecting like a typical camp like place and instead it was a place of luxury!





There were multiple houses that we stayed in...all 50 girls stayed in one big house that had luxurious twin and queen sized beds with sheets and comfy blankets and quilts. The entire place had what I am guessing was local wood flooring, slate, antler chandeliers, antler toilet paper holders, bears, all kinds of really cute accessories and lamps and was just decorated perfectly. I was talking with Holli, a friend from church, about why we all loved so much that it was such a perfect place to stay and I told her I think it's because we love the thought that someone took the time to think about all the details and make us feel comfortable and special. That is why I love interior design. The built environment impacts our lives in ways we don't realize, both good and bad.





We were able to get so much rest, relaxation, good hangout time in the sun doing all kinds of things such as exploring ponds with fake ducks and big fish. We also explored the TREEHOUSE they had, flew kites, played random games just for fun and enjoyed just being together.





Of course the purpose of the weekend was not just rest but also to grow our souls and we had 3 amazing sessions led by the dad of our class director who was named Zeke. He did an amazing job and spoke on the importance of keeping a short account with God and others--how important it is to confess sin to keep in right fellowship. The importance of believing in and claiming the Holy Spirit's power in our lives. We also had a girl session and guy session led by our class teachers which was amazing. Shannon is such a great example of what it means to be a woman of God, really knowing His Word, memorizing it so that it can be shared with others who need it. She always gives me something to aim for in my walk. So good.

I just love these amazing people and I am so grateful for every single one of them. I mean seriously...when do 80+ young single adults intentionally take an entire weekend out of their life to spend time getting to know God and each other better?? That doesn't happen. God knew what He was doing.



No comments: