10.17.2010

the joys of fall

The last 2 weeks I have been miserable. First, I got a flu shot. 2 days later the temperatures dropped to the 40s overnight and we still had the a/c running so I woke up the next morning with a cold. Every day I got worse and worse and work was miserable since I have to talk so much. So I would just struggle and struggle and cough and cough all day long and never really get rest. This lasted for 8 days and I finally went to the doctor. She gave me magical pills and within 2 days I was 90% better. I missed a day of work but that really helped too because it's not like I get a full weekend off to rest. I get sunday off and the first half of it is spent at church so I don't even get to sleep in that day. In fact I missed church last sunday just so I could sleep and survive the week ahead. Anyway I am so much better now and relieved.

While all of this was going on my car decided it was done. It almost overheated on Tuesday and so after work dad told me over the phone how to put water in it. I had to put soo much water in it. We already knew it was messed up but it had been fine until then. We took it to get checked out and it would cost more to fix it than the car is worth so I knew then it was time to get a new car. Which is exciting but also stressful! This is happening 6 months sooner than planned so it will just suck up my paycheck even more. But I am so beyond ready for a new car and I think I could get a new deal on a 2010 since it's the end of the year.

I started researching cars and I already knew I was interested in getting a Toyota Prius. I didn't know too much about it so I read a lot about how hybrids work and what kind of gas mileage it really gets, reviews on it, etc. and everything I read was positive. It's more expensive than dad would like me to spend but the savings on gas basically brings it down to the cost of any other car that gets crappy/regular gas mileage. So today we went and looked at some toyotas. I loved the Prius and the Corolla was also nice. I got to test drive the Prius and it was definitely different in the way it drives and the visibility out the back isn't super because it basically has a split rear window but I don't think it's actually worse than mine right now so I would get used to it. It has amazing storage and CUPHOLDERS, a keyless entry and a push button to start it instead of using the key, plus really amazing and kind of distracting technology on the dashboard that shows you charts and pictures of how much battery life you have, how many miles you drove, the mpg, etc. Really cool car. And we found out from a family friend about this thing called the Air Check Texas rebate which is for people trading in cars that are 10 years or older in for a new car, and if you trade it in for a hybrid you get $3500! Which would seriously make up for the cost of the Prius. So I am applying for it and hoping to get it. The only thing that might hold me back is that I live at home, but they can't claim me as a dependent so it honestly shouldn't matter. We will see. Once I send it in it will take a week to hear if I get it or not.



It is stressful wondering if I can afford it and what kind of deal I could get so hopefully it all works out for the best and that I'm not disappointed. I am tired of disappointment and would love for something to just go great for once!

No comments: