I've had a pretty busy labor day weekend. Friday night I was supposed to go to the Miller Outdoor Theatre with my Doulos group from church but they cancelled it because it looked like it might rain so that was a bummer. But I went out to eat with the parents and chilled at home. I was in bed by 10:30 because I was so tired. Saturday I went with mom to a baby shower for Shanna, a family friend of ours. She is the oldest of 4 girls in her family so their family is just like ours and really close in age to all of us so it was fun seeing most of them. She is actually having a boy and I was so jealous when I found out a few months ago but it's exciting for them. Saturday night I went out to eat again with the parents and then spent the night at home. It was nice to just relax most of the weekend.

Sunday was a great time at church and actually being able to go out to eat with my class for the first time in a couple months! That will be practically every Sunday which I love! We ate at Potbelly's in Uptown Park and it was fun...I just love everyone in my class so much. They make me laugh and it's great to have people to go through life with. Sunday night my sunday school class had a cookout/party at a house where like 4 guys from church live. It was a theme party..."Back in time" so everyone could dress in their favorite decade. Plus we had a grill off for the guys and a bake off for the girls. Some of the costumes were just plain hilarious...the best ones were worn by the guys. Also...I almost won the bake off! I made yummy cookies that I have still been enjoying all day. It was really fun...I always enjoy hanging out with those kids.

No comments:
Post a Comment