9.22.2010

Balance

The last couple of weeks have been a bit challenging for me. It has been a time of really getting into my new routine and trying to balance everything. More things have been starting up again at church while I am still trying to get used to being gone all day and going to bed early so it has been interesting. Here is what my week basically looks like:

Monday: Work all day, head somewhere for dinner, kill a couple hours by working on my Doulos Bible study homework, then girl's small group from about 7:30-9.

Tuesday: sometimes off but when not I work all day and it's the one night I can just head home, fight the traffic, and relax for the night

Wednesday: work all day, grab a bite for dinner, Doulos group meets from 7-9 and I get home around 10 and basically head straight to bed

Thursday: sometimes off but when I am not I have the option of going to Koinonia at 7 after work which is just a come when you can co-ed fellowship and short Bible study. I have yet to make it since I have the other things going on

Friday: work all day then sometimes activities afterwards but often I am so tired I just hang out with the parents

Saturday: work 8:45-3 then sometimes a church social event, sometimes dinner with the parents and the Stephens, and sometimes hanging out with friends

Sunday: church then relaxing which is one of my favorite days!

There is always so much going on and I never make it to half of it out of pure exhaustion so I am still trying to figure out what is most important. I feel like I don't even spend much time with friends just hanging out which is kinda lonely and frustrating. So hopefully it will all start coming together.

Today I was off and I got to hang out with my good friend Melissa from Baylor! She lives only an hour or so away but we rarely have the same days off so it worked out great. We spent the afternoon just shopping in Highland Village and Uptown for fun. It was nice and relaxing...a lot of the stores have lots of great fall stuff like pumpkin bread mixes and yummy-smelling candles and fall table linens and stuff. Too bad we're not rich so we could buy a lot of it!

In other news...the a/c in my car is officially broken for good. No more repair could fix it, it can only be replaced. Which costs around $800. Which I refuse to pay. So instead I will suffer...sometimes it works but then it stops and just blows humid air. It's kinda miserable when I am stuck in the car for over an hour on my commute home and I am just sweating. So I am just praying constantly that I can last until the weather is cooler and that Mighty Mouse will make it through the winter so I can save up for a good down payment. I really don't want a $300 monthly car payment to add on top of all my student loans. I will never be able to move out of my parents house!

No comments: