As of my last blog I had interviewed with Arizona Tile, I was really stressed out about Bed Bath and Beyond, and I was worried I was going to have an awful birthday. The beginning of last week I was waiting around for a phone call to see if I would get a second interview because they told me they normally do 3-4 interviews before hiring a person. I really hate interviews so I was really dreading that. Wednesday morning I had to go get bloodwork done for my doctor, just routine stuff because I haven't had that done in years. I hate needles. I cry every time I get a shot or blood taken. It's my least favorite activity to put it lightly. So that started out my day really badly. Then Wednesday afternoon I got this magical phone call. It was from Arizona Tile. She said these magical words: "After reviewing all of our applicants we decided we would like to offer you the job." I was SHOCKED. All I could muster was "OH... Really?? That is great news!" Then she told me I would need to come by and do a drug test friday and then let her know when I would be able to start. I hung up the phone and cried my eyes out, so relieved that I was going to be done with Bed Bath and Beyond. I really could not believe it.
This was the day before my birthday and clearly God knew how badly I wanted to get a job before then. I mean for months now...when I didn't meet my goal of getting one before my graduation anniversary I definitely wanted one before I turned another year older. And He gave it to me, because He loves me! I don't deserve it, I didn't earn it anymore than anyone else in this economy, He just loves me. So I was thrilled to go in to work on my birthday and tell them I found a job because I have a college degree which means I don't have to be stuck working retail the rest of my life. That's why I went to college after all. They took it well. My last day was yesterday, Monday, merely 5 days after finding out I got the job! Since I am going on this trip to Oklahoma the timing was perfect because I get extra time before starting to get things done, like buying some work clothes.
My birthday fun included eating Smashburger with the parents, going to Cheesecake Factory for dessert at the Galleria with some friends from church, then coming home to eat cookie cake with the parents. It was a fun day and it made me really excited about where my life is headed.
No comments:
Post a Comment