Saturday we slept in til around 8:30 or 9 and headed off to breakfast at this great little place called Mozart's in this area called Oyster's landing. It was so pretty!
.jpg)
They had tons of coffee for the coffee lovers and really yummy muffins. After there we went kayaking on Town Lake which was lots of fun. We went two to a kayak and there were just 6 of us at that point (yeah we lost one along the way...wonder where she went? j/k) so it worked out perfectly. We rented kayaks for an hour...it was a good workout but also really relaxing. It was basically nestled in the water in the middle of downtown Austin. All my pictures are on my waterproof camera so I don't have those developed yet.
We left kayaking to head back to Oyster's landing for lunch where we ate at Hula Hut.
.jpg)
They said the wait was 40-50 minutes at 1:30 in the p.m. so we sat at a booth in the bar area immediately. We didn't get a full menu but we got the appetizer menu which had really amazing food. Good choice. They had an area where you could go and fill up chips and salsa yourself and refill it constantly for free and it was amazing! It should be like that at every restaurant. I got spicy chicken flautas and they were seriously amazing; I want some right now. Really wonderful eating experience. =)
After lunch we headed to Barton Springs! I went there a few years ago with some baylor friends during summer school and I was excited to go back. It is so pretty and so fun! The water is absolutely freezing but it's really natural and great. We actually were only there maybe an hour or so but it was a nice way to wrap up the weekend.
.jpg)
.jpg)
On our way out we stopped at Sonic which was completely necessary. One girl in our group from Puerto Rico had NEVER been there before! It was shocking, absolutely shocking. So we made her try a couple different things. She wasn't that impressed though...also shocking.
We got back to church around 7:45 then I headed across town to meet up with the family and the Stephens for dinner at Skeeter's, a place in kingwood that our families always used to go to growing up. This morning I got up around 7:45 and skipped church to chill with my nieces until they left. I love them so much!
.jpg)
Kailey hates it when I tell her not to do something because she thinks I am just her friend or something but as grammy explained to her, her mommy is bossy, and emmy is bossy, and now kailey is bossy. True story. I was sad to see them leave but it's only a couple more weeks until we see them with the whole family for the grandparent's big anniversary!
No comments:
Post a Comment