6.05.2012

Goals

I have been thinking the last couple of weeks about goals for my life. Goals for this summer and goals for the next 4 years and 2 months of my life (until I turn 30...yikes!).

Goals for this summer:

1. Rest and relaxation. The only thing I am doing with church is going on Sundays and going to Metro on Thursday nights when I feel like it. This is different than the school year where I have small groups on Tuesdays, Koinonia on Thursdays, Church on Sundays, and all kinds of events in between. So far I am only a few weeks in and I am loving it! A sub-goal of this is getting in the pool every day after work, so far it has totally relaxed me and helped me to release a lot of stress!

2. Have fun. The weekends I have off this summer are going to be completely booked and even the Saturdays I have to work I plan on either having fun with my friends afterwards or getting even more rest by chilling at home. Also, I am going to let myself stay out later when I feel like it, instead of whining about having to drive home and being tired. My time outside of work should be enjoyable! I loved staying late after Metro last Thursday and just fellowshipping with my friends in the parking lot.

3. Spend time with my nieces as much as possible. I just saw them a couple weeks ago and they are coming in this weekend for a whole week! Cannot wait.

4. Repaint this table and chairs:



I painted them like this in high school when I was grounded for a month. Since I have been living at home for 3 years with all of my high school furniture I am accepting the fact I will be here for awhile so I would like to make my furniture more to my adult tastes. I am thinking I will paint the table one color and the chairs another. Maybe blue and green or brown and blue or something. Who knows! It should be pretty easy to do so I am excited.

5. Stain and repaint this table and chairs for the parents:



6. Eat healthier and exercise more. I'm sure getting plenty of exercise at work walking around so much!

7. Finish my Dave Ramsey financial peace university and get a plan together for the future of my finances. So far, so good. Right now I almost have my $1,000 saved up and will have it by July. That is the first step. Since I make so little I will never be able to save up 3-6 mo. of my income. So the next step is start paying off my smallest debt, which is one of my student loans. I should be able to pay that off in 12 months, starting in August. Then it says to put that amount on your next smallest loan, which will probably take me 3-4 years to pay off still which is kindof a bummer.

This leads me to my life goals:

1. Pay off my student loans faster. They are all set to be paid off in 2019. I would love to pay off at least 2 of them a few years early. Who knows maybe I will get rich and can pay them off faster than that.

2.I really really...really want to get married before I am 30. Seriously. Seriously God, seriously. If I miraculously got married before I am 28 or 29 then I would like to have a child before I am 30. But seriously I mainly just want to get married by then. I am not giving God a deadline, but believe me He KNOWS that I have that goal.

3. My career goal is to work in Commercial Design, and eventually work in Healthcare Design specifically, if I couldn't work in that area first. I have gifts and talents that are best suited for commercial instead of residential. It was so obvious when I was in school. My absolute favorite project by a landslide was a children's hospital we got to do:



4. I would like to get licensed as an interior designer and I would also like to get certified as a LEED Green Associate.

5. I really won't know for sure until the time comes, but I think I would like to be a stay at home mom if I got the opportunity. At least until the kids are in school or old enough to be home alone, and then maybe go back to work, or work on the side or something. I would seriously probably be okay with not working in a career type job for the rest of my life and have being a mom my job. Time will tell.

Right now, though I struggle and get frustrated about my life and the fact that it seems like it will never change, my mom reminded me that its obvious for some reason God has me here right now. We don't know why my life has turned out like this and we don't know how long it will go on, but my life will eventually change and His timing is like this for some reason I don't know yet. I just have to trust Him. There is nothing left to do.


No comments: