8.02.2010

busy busy

So I can't believe it's been a week since I blogged last. Slacker! I will try to remember what I did...it was busy.

Tuesday: I took my resume and application down to Arizona Tile. I think their position is still open for a Customer Service Representative. I didn't have a chance to follow-up last week so I should be able to do that tomorrow. As long as I have the courage and motivation to do that...I am really good at avoiding things because I am afraid of the end result.

Wednesday and Thursday: I just worked. Our store manager was on vacation all last week which was a nice breath of fresh air for everybody; a lot less tense in some aspects but a lot busier since when a manager goes on vaca all our hours are given to them, cutting back the hours for all of us to have. So we had less workers and it was busier which was pretty chaotic on some days.

Friday: Me, mom, and my friend Brittany Baker from church went down to the build site again. They had made tons of progress but we could see right away they were a couple days behind due to all the rain. They hadn't even finished with drywall or putting the roof on or anything.





We only stayed about an hour or so because it was SO HOT and we were sweating bullets. Plus it was clear they were not making much interesting progress or filming anything and Ty wasn't back in town yet so why stay? =)

After we left there me and mom grabbed some quick lunch then went to the Woodlands to go to Garden Ridge and try to find some vases for the grandparents anniversary party. We found some nice recycled glass vases that are a great size and they were only $2 a piece. We also got some tablecloths and silverware so now we just need some dishes and to figure out exactly what we are doing. Saturday was the deadline to mail us a letter for grandma and grandpa and at that point we only had one so we were a little worried. But now we have gotten a few more so we'll make it work. This whole party is a little stressful to put together but hopefully it will all work out.

Saturday: I worked all day then we met Brittany down at the work site again hoping for the reveal to happen but it didn't. We stayed for a couple hours. There was a lot more going on and it was fun to watch.



We left there at around 7 p.m. and they still hadn't finished the stucco, the yard was a huge disaster area, and they were still hauling drywall in. The floors had arrived and we were wondering if they would even finish by Sunday! We met up with dad for dinner in Kingwood and he didn't believe us that they were that far behind..he hasn't even seen pictures of it but he really does think he knows everything about everything.

Yesterday they did end up doing the reveal around 7 or 8 p.m. but I couldn't go because I had to work. So Brittany went and took pictures and had lots of fun and I can't wait to hear more about it!

Last night I got an evite to some friends' birthday party on Saturday and I am like why is everything happening this weekend?? Sarah, Kailey, and Makenna will arrive around lunchtime Friday, I leave Friday night for a girls trip to Austin, the birthday party is at 7 p.m. on Saturday and then Sarah, Kailey, and Makenna and mom leave Sunday afternoon for Temple. Way too much! I enjoy having so much to do but I wish it was all spread out a little better.

No comments: