7.20.2010

oh what a day...

Today started out rainy like it has for the last several days...which I really enjoy during the summer but makes it awfully hard to get out of bed. But Angel woke me up by barking loudly which was great because it meant she was ALIVE! Imagine that.

I was actually fairly productive today...I spent a couple hours online to 1. Figure out how I am going to complete my CEU requirements on time since I have done none in the past year and 2. Checking out the architects and builders websites involved with the Extreme Makeover: Home Edition project. Also, I sent an email to this company in Kingwood that I found out about through a flyer from the fourth of july parade. They are called Divine Designing and Home Staging and they do both residential design and home staging and that sounds really interesting and fun to me. So I emailed the owner and said hey, I need a job, do you need an assistant of any sort. Except in my professional way of saying things. So we'll see if I hear back. I don't know if they have an office in the area or I would take a resume to them. Plus, I now know that I want to apply with those two companies doing the Extreme project so I wrote up a cover letter for one and I am trying to decide if I should send them emails/go by their office now or wait until the project is over since they are crazy busy! And If I get a chance to help with build week I might get a chance to meet some of them which would be amazing and would make a really good impression.

This day had its disappointments though...for one, nobody in america seems to make stationary anymore! Just notecards with pretty envelopes. So I will have to design my own I guess! Two, my sister had a very disappointing day and it reminded me how 3 of us are not where we want to be in life and that is very frustrating. I could handle it well if it was just me having a hard time, but I hate that my sisters are not doing much better. Tonight I checked my facebook and I got a sweet, encouraging message from a brother in Christ I served with at Highland Baptist in college who reminded me that I am talented and that we serve a big God and I will find something eventually, it just hasn't come along yet.

And now I am baking my brother in law's birthday cake from two weeks ago. Mmmm chocolate...

No comments: