8.14.2011

The Big 2-5

So I'm 25 now. Not sure how I feel about that. I suppose its a better age than 22, 23, or 24, and DEFINITELY better than 26+ so I am going to enjoy it while it lasts. I had a great birthday weekend, and feel incredibly blessed to have such great friends and family.

Friday was my actual birthday. I went to work and my coworkers posted a birthday card on my locker where I keep my purse and inside was a $20 gift card to my favorite store, New York & Company! I literally talk about that place all the time so I was not totally surprised that was their giftcard of choice. They also got me some cupcakes and I only ate one since my sister's wedding is only 3 weeks away (aaah).

I got to talk to my little sister who is engaged and got nice messages from my other sisters and brother in law.

Friday night I went to Taste of Texas for the first time with the parents:



That place was super fancy. While you wait for a table they have a very nice waiting area with a self-serve drink station (water, soda, tea) which I thought was genius. They have a huuuge salad bar complete with lots of fresh bread and a huge cheese station where you carve the cheese straight from the block. Soooo good. We all ordered steaks which were yummy and filled us up. And we finished with a nice dessert. They found out it was my birthday and took a picture of us and printed it and stuck it in a taste of texas card which I thought was really nice.

Best ending to my birthday night: I fell asleep watching the season finale of my favorite show, Whale Wars. Soooo good.

Saturday we spent the whole day getting ready for my big pool party. Friday I thought only 9 people were coming, then I heard from 7 more that day so I got even more excited. It was the perfect mix of people minus a couple of my best friends who were not feeling well. But everyone came and we had a great time laughing together, swimming a little, eating lots of great food from Pappasito's. Best way to spend a birthday in my opinion. It meant so much to me that everyone drove from all over Houston to com celebrate with me. I am so blessed with amazing friends!

Here are a few of the ones that came:



Back row: Ryan, Jessica, Jessica, Kyle, Brandon
Front row: Lauren, Holli, Me, Drew
Other people that came that I didn't get a pic with: my great friend from Baylor Melissa, Abby, Christie, Grace, Katherine, Kim, Ashley, and Courtney.

Today I went to church and got lots of birthday hugs from people who didn't make it to the party and even had three friends sing "happy birthday" to me while I signed in for sunday school. It was a beautiful moment, really.

God has seriously blessed me with an abundance of great friends in these last two years. I almost went through a friend drought while in college so most of the time I can't believe how many amazing people He has brought into my life who encourage me, love me, pray for me, and make me laugh constantly. We are all better together for His Kingdom than apart.

No comments: